Skip to main content

True Facts about Depression


Many people ask me what depression really means? I kept wondering if I actually knew what it was or not. Since I have it over the years, but now everything is controlled and alright, still, that was a question that I often ask myself. What actually is?

From the study of the Black Dog Institute - an Australian medical center, specialized in mental illnesses - explains: "Depression is a common medical condition. It can cause a low mood that doesn't go away and makes us feel very sad or withdrawn. It interferes with the way we go about our everyday lives and can make it hard to cope.
Some people describe it as being in a really dark place that's difficult to come back from. Others describe it as a numb feeling.
It's important to get help to manage depression. There are lots of ways to treat it, and you can feel better."

Common question? Do I have it or not?

Get to know your true feelings

It's important to know what you feel. Even if it's numbness, can be a sign of depression.

Depression knows no measurement 

No one feels more depressed than the other one. Depression can't be measured, in terms of, "I'm more depressed than you are". It doesn't work like that.

Depression is more common in women than in men

Unfortunately, it's a true fact, analyzed by many researchers and professionals. Although, it doesn't mean that men cannot be depressed. Many of them are - I am included in that.

Depression is not a weakness - it's a condition

Depression doesn't necessarily make you weak. Can actually get you stronger by activating your brain in a different way. It's a health-condition like any other. The difference between the others and depression is that it affects your whole life and needs the right treatment for it. I'll explain my treatment process in another blog post.

Depression raised the suicide rate worldwide

It's also proof that depression is dangerous and needs treatment. No one has ever spoken so much about depression, such as nowadays. Sad story, to be honest. Suicide rates increased, for real, especially in women after birth, teenagers, and elder people.

Depression recognizes no age

It can happen at any time in your lifetime. Depression can also be genetic, and I will talk about it in another post.

Stay tuned


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Are Buying Toilet Paper Out Of Social Media Panic And More...

Why people are buying toilet paper and devastate supermarkets with it? Now, it's more of a joke throughout the Internet, but when the pandemic in the Western World started by the end of February, beginning of March, Social Media users decided to publish pictures of empty supermarket shelves and that generated panic. Believe it or not, Toilet Paper  is seen as a form of protection to human minds. It's a symbol of resourcefulness for desperate times as proven by scientific studies. I'm bringing this subject up because it's 'funny' how something so simple as Toilet Paper  can trigger our primal instincts. My advice is, don't panic about the quantities that you buy of  Toilet Paper , because it's something that won't degrade easily. Many public places before its closure saw many thefts on toilet paper, especially, restaurants, hotels, airports, medical facilities, and so on. Yet, still, if you want to buy Toilet Paper, you can find it online...

How to deal with rejection

Rejection is an awful way of feeling about something or some event. A story of mine is that, back in school, my teachers used to diss a lot about my projects; that got me annoyingly offended, even though, they just wanted me to improve, since I was so stubborn in dealing with situations that, supposedly, I was wrong. It's an aspect of being human! No one has succeeded in life without facing rejection, first. We all experience it, from time to time. It's OKAY to feel unwanted and an outcast after a rejection. It comes with hurt and pain. Studies have shown that our reaction to rejection is based on elements or events from our past. As a result of it, fighting for the approval of everything becomes the best option of all of our future. There are many ways that you can learn how to deal with rejection. Powerful, and psychological techniques that you can you which involves reflection, and self-understanding. I'm going to show you some examples. Shift your perspectiv...

Movies to watch when you're feeling depressed

Welcome back to another post! Today, I'm going to talk about movies. I absolutely adore movies. I spent all my life watching movies, going to the theatres, and even thought about studying acting and movie production. Movies can come with a lot of emotion, and that's why people are into it. People enjoy a good time watching something that drive their minds away, that creates new emotional patterns for them. Some, just have fun with it. In general, almost everyone loves watching movies. If you work or study, it's even better to distract your mind with powerful and significant movies. When you're fighting the fatigue, anxious thoughts, and feelings of hopelessness - characteristics of depression, sometimes all you want is to get involved in a different scenario, go to bed and watch a movie. Although, there's a situation, that happened to me as well: "What to watch?" Perhaps, you're looking for a movie that allows you to pour you in tears, or y...